Resources for new officers
- MN DFL - Party Affairs Update Monthly Email - This is a monthly email sent to Chairs, Vice Chairs and Secretaries that includes important updates, reminders, instructions on reporting information to the Party Affairs Department when necessary, and resources that may be necessary for things that are upcoming such as caucuses, etc.
- DFL Training Update Weekly Email - Includes a training update, a link to join our Wednesday Night Party Leader Calls, and instructions on how to sign up for the Party Leader Calls.
- DFL Website Leadership Corner (DFL.org/leadership-corner) - This is a great place to start in order to make sure you have everything at your fingertips, including information on the Central Committee, recommended accommodations practices, as well as place to request proof on insurance, request the 9-passenger DFL Van, and much more.
- DFL Party Documents (DFL.org/partydocuments) - This is where you can find up-to-date versions of our party documents, including:
- Constitution, Bylaws, and Rulebook
- The Official Call
- DFL Party Platform
- Action Agenda
- VoterFile/VAN (DFL.org/van-voterfile) - This is a database of all registered voters that will allow the unit to create lists for things like phone banking and door knocking. DFL.org/van-voterfile has links to sign in to the Voterfile, get VAN support, read the VAN manual, and sign up for VAN training. The Voterfile, or VAN, can be requested by the party unit’s chair by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Campaign Finance Board* (https://cfb.mn.gov/) - This is an important resource, there are many campaign finance rules, and they
are not always easy to remember. Call the CFB with any finance related questions, and they will happily assist you.
MN Campaign Finance Board: (800) 657-38890
*New chairs and treasurers will need to submit a form to the CFB, you can find that form here.
- DFL Officer’s Guidebook (DFL Officer's Guidebook) – This is a handbook for Officer’s to get familiar with the party and its processes.
- Weekly Party Leader Calls - Our Party Leader Calls are done via Zoom every Wednesday from 5-6 pm. This is a time for party leaders to build their skills and connect with other leaders across the State! We start with a mini training, split into small groups so you can get to know other party leaders and wrap up with some time to ask the Party Affairs department any questions that you may have.
To sign up for a call for the first time:
Go to https://mndfl.litmos.com/self-signup
Fill in your information, and use the code wednesday
You will receive a confirmation email signing you up for the course
*IMPORTANT* You need to register for the call dates you wish to attend
You must click the “register” button on the last page in order to receive the zoom link and RSVP for the call.
- We have training for new officers - This training contains everything you will need to get started as a party officer, including communications and more.
Go to mndfl.litmos.com/self-signup
Fill in your information, and use the code officer
Party Affairs Questions - email@example.com
Training Questions - firstname.lastname@example.org
VAN or Data Questions - email@example.com
PCR (Political Contribution Refund) Questions - PCR@dfl.org